Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin, divided
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 cucumber(s), English, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 pounds tomatillo(s), fresh, husks removed, chopped
- 1 medium pepper(s), green, bell, chopped
- 2 whole pepper(s), jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 15 ounce(s) broth, chicken, less sodium, or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce(s) shrimp, peeled and cooked, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) olives, green, pitted, chopped
- 2 medium scallion(s) (green onions), sliced
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Coarsely chop half the cucumber and half the avocado and place in a food processor. Add tomatillos, bell pepper, jalapeño to taste and the garlic. Process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in broth, sugar and salt.
4. Dice the remaining cucumber and avocado and place in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, olives and scallions.
5. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; gently toss to combine.
6. Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and top each portion with about 3/4 cup of the shrimp salad.