- 8 cup(s) broth, chicken, less sodium, or homemade chicken broth, fat skimmed
- 1/2 cup(s) pasta, alphabet, or stars, or pastina
- 12 ounce(s) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch diagonal pieces, (2 cups)
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional)
2. Break eggs into a large measuring cup and whisk until well blended. Add to the gently boiling soup in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a fork. (Slow stirring will produce large threads; rapid stirring will break the threads up into small pieces.) Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Taste, adding salt if desired.