From Everyday Health
For the salad:
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 pound curly kale
- 1 red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smooth Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the bacon, then cover to keep warm until ready to use.
Strip the kale leaves off the stems, tear or chop into bite-size pieces. Wash and spin the kale dry, then transfer the kale to a large mixing bowl. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour half the dressing over the kale and massage the kale for a minute.
Add the bacon, red onion, tomato, avocado, and remaining dressing to the kale. Use tongs to combine and coat everything with dressing. Serve immediately.