The Pennsylvania Consolidated Waiver for individuals with mental retardation is designed to help persons with intellectual disabilities live more independently in their homes and communities and to provide a variety of services that promote community living. CareGivers America can provide these services through the traditional agency model. In Lackawanna and Susquehanna counties, CareGivers America is an approved Agency With Choice provider for the Consolidated Waiver.
• Be age three and older
• Have a diagnosis of mental retardation
• Require active treatment
• Be recommended for an intermediate care facility level of care based on a medical evaluation
• Determined eligible for Medical Assistance (MA)
• $2,000 resource limit (does not apply to dependent children under age 21)
• Income limit 300% of the Federal Benefit Rate
Services that can be provided by CareGivers America include:
• Assistive technology
• Behavior support
• Home accessibility adaptations
• Home and community habilitation (unlicensed)
• Specialized supplies
• Therapy (physical, occupational, behavioral and speech/language)
Note: The list of eligibility criteria and services may change when waiver amendments or waiver renewals are approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please, visit the Department of Public Welfare’s website for a current list of all services provided through this waiver.