If you have a medically determined Diagnosis of traumatic brain injury (TBI), the COMMCARE Waiver can help you remain as independent as possible.
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have a medically determinable diagnosis of traumatic brain injury and require a Special Rehabilitative Facility (SRF) level of care
- Your disability must result in substantial functional limitation in three or more of the following major life activities:
- capacity for independent living
- cognitive capacity (judgment, memory and reasoning).
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office
Services that can be provided by CareGivers America include:
- Chore Services
- Community Integration
- Environmental Adaptations
- Habilitation and Support
- Night Supervision
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Personal Care Services
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
- Respite Care
- Specialized Medical Equipment/Supplies and Assistive Technology
Note: The list of eligibility criteria and services may change when waiver amendments or waiver renewals are approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please, visit the Department of Public Welfare’s website for a current list of all services provided through this waiver.