If you have a physical disability, the Attendant Care Waiver and state funded Act 150 programs may be available to provide support and services to empower you to remain in your home and community.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Meet the level of care needs for a Skilled Nursing Facility or a Special Rehabilitation Facility for the Medicaid Waiver.
- Be between eighteen (18) and fifty-nine (59) years of age
- Be capable of a) hiring, firing, and supervising attendant care worker(s); b) managing your own financial affairs; and c) managing your own legal affairs
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
- Have a medically determinable physical impairment that is expected to last of a continuous period of not less than twelve (12) calendar months or that may result in death
Services that can be provided by CareGivers America include:
- Community Transition Services, available only through Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver Services)
- Financial Management
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
- Supports Coordination Services
Note: The list of eligibility criteria and services may change when waiver amendments or waiver renewals are approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please, visit the Department of Public Welfare’s website for a current list of all services provided through this waiver.