From Everyday Health
- 1 pounds pasta, spaghetti, 100% whole wheat
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce, less sodium
- 2 tablespoon oil, sesame
- 2 tablespoon oil, canola
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine
or lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper, red, crushed
- 1 bunch(es) scallion(s) (green onions)
sliced and divided, (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh
chopped, divided, (optional)
- 4 cup(s) snow pea pods
trimmed and sliced on the bias
- 1 medium pepper(s), red, bell
- 1/2 cup(s) sesame seeds, toasted
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water.
2. Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, vinegar (or lime juice), crushed red pepper, 1/4 cup scallions and 2 tablespoons cilantro (if using). Add noodles, snow peas and bell pepper; toss to coat.
3. To serve, mix in sesame seeds and garnish with the remaining scallions and cilantro.