From Everyday Health
SERVINGS: 4 | TOTAL TIME: 19 min
- 1 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp, reduced-fat, shredded
- 2 ounce(s) cream cheese, reduced-fat, softened
- 4 medium scallion(s) (green onions) chopped
- 1/2 medium pepper(s), red, bell, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoon pepper(s), jalapenos, pickled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (zest), grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 8 ounce(s) crabmeat, pasturized, drained if necessary
- 4 medium tortilla(s), flour, whole-wheat, 8-inch
- 2 teaspoon oil, canola divided
1. Combine cheddar, cream cheese, scallions, bell pepper, cilantro, jalapenos (if using), orange zest and juice in a medium bowl. Gently stir in crab.
2. Lay tortillas out on a work surface. Spread one-fourth of the filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total.
4. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.