- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 pound broccoli crowns, chopped (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk, heated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes. Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more. Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 135 calories; 4 g fat ( 3 g sat , 1 g mono ); 16 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 2 g fiber; 329 mg sodium; 201 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (30% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 high fat meat