From Everyday Health
Time to break out of your salad rut! Here’s one that takes minutes to prepare but blends delicious ingredients together for a meal that’s restaurant-quality but foolproof – and plenty satisfying. The crumbled bacon adds so much succulent flavor that you feel like you’re indulging, but this dish clocks in at only 151 calories per serving. It’s such a breeze to whip together, and so much easier – and tastier – than picking up the phone to order takeout.
- 1 cup(s) bread, whole-wheat country, cubed
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium tomato(es), divided
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoon chives, or scallion greens, minced
- 2 teaspoon vinegar, white, distilled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper, black ground, to taste
- 5 cup(s) lettuce, romaine heart spears, chopped
- 3 slice(s) bacon, center-cut, cooked and crumbled
2. Cut 1 tomato in half. Working over a large bowl, shred both halves using the large holes on a box grater. Discard the skin. Add mayonnaise, chives (or scallion greens), vinegar, garlic powder and pepper; whisk to combine.