Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Waiver of New York State
The Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Medicaid Waiver is one of the options available to New Yorkers with disabilities and seniors so they may receive services in the community rather than in a nursing home.
The NHTD waiver is administered through a network of Regional Resource Development Centers (RRDC), each covering specific counties throughout the State of New York. The RRDC contact will coordinate intake and eligibility evaluations.
To be eligible for this waiver, a participant must:
- Be a resident of the State of New York
- Be capable of living in the community with needed assistance from available informal supports, non-Medicaid supports and/or Medicaid State Plan services;
- Be in need of one or more NHTD waiver services;
- Be eligible for nursing home level of care;
- Be authorized to receive Medicaid Community Based Long Term Care;
- Be at least 18 years of age or older;
- Not participate in another HCBS waiver