Always a crowd pleaser! Having people over later today and completely forgot a tasty appetizer? Try these on for size, quick, cheesy, and BACON! Great for that Memorial Day cookout.
Recipe from Taste of Home
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white
- portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a
- microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes
- or until tender. Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper;
- brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for
- 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position
- over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese. Cover
- and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle
- with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 appetizers.