- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 40
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 2 ounces dried whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 5 – ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley (optional)
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until scallops are golden brown, turning once. Remove scallops from skillet and put them with the pasta mixture to keep warm.
- Whisk evaporated milk into the drippings in the skillet. Turn heat to medium-low. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook and stir until heated through and cheeses are melted.
- Add cooked pasta and asparagus to the skillet; toss to coat. Divide pasta mixture between two dinner plates. Top with the cooked scallops. If desired, garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 2, Riboflavin: (mg) 1, Niacin: (mg) 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6): (mg) 0, Folate: (µg) 97, vit. A: (IU) 1652, vit. C: (mg) 16, Thiamin: (mg) 0, sugar: (g) 12, sodium: (mg) 530, Potassium: (mg) 1054, fiber: (g) 3, Polyunsaturated fat: (g) 1, pro.: (g) 36, carb.: (g) 40, cal.: (kcal) 398, sat. fat: (g) 6, Monosaturated fat: (g) 3, Fat, total: (g) 11, chol.: (mg) 66, calcium: (mg) 414, iron: (mg) 5, Trans fatty acid: (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12): (µg) 2,
Carb Choice (d.e): 2.5, Fat (d.e): 1, Lean Meat (d.e): 3, Vegetables (d.e): 2, Milk (d.e): 1, Starch (d.e): 1