Source from The Huffington Post
We were already mesmerized by the romantic pairing of eggs and avocado. But the addition of the pecan (which boasts healthy, unsaturated fat and a bounty of antioxidants) really makes this dish magical.
- 2 cups Baby Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground fresh peppercorn (optional)
- In a salad bowl or plate, combine the lettuce, sliced avocado and pecans.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Break the egg and carefully place the egg in the heated olive oil without breaking the yolk.
- Grab a large spoon, tilt the frying pan, and begin to baste the egg yolk with the olive oil by spooning the olive oil over the egg yolk until a white film appears.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon, and place it on top of the salad.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over salad and garnish with ground fresh peppercorn.