Here’s your chance to make changes, or not
by: Education & Outreach, from: AARP
To get the most out of your Medicare coverage, review all your options during Medicare’s open enrollment period, also called the Medicare Annual Election Period.
You can make changes to get the health insurance benefits and drug coverage that fit you best. Of course, you don’t have to make any changes if you don’t need or want to.
Here are eight things you can do during Medicare open enrollment:
- Switch from Original Medicare(Part A and Part B) to an Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to another Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to another Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Drop your Medicare Prescription Drug coverage completely.
The best way to find your Medicare plan choices is to visit Medicare.gov. Or you can call Medicare directly at 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227).